The Collect for 3rd Sunday of Epiphany
Almighty God, whose Son revealed in signs and miracles the wonder of your saving love: renew your people with your heavenly grace, and in all our weakness sustain us by your mighty power; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
- Give thanks to God that the year started with greater fervour in many churches. More members are returning to worshipping in-person.
- Pray for Bp Titus and his family during this holiday season. May the Lord refresh them in body, mind and spirit and continue to infuse Bishop with his wisdom as he leads our Church.
- Pray for the General Synod of the Church of England that the delegates will commit themselves afresh to the Lord and that the Church will be revived. Let’s pray for Bp Rennis who will seek to encourage those who desire to uphold an orthodox interpretation of Scripture.
- Pray for the people of China as many will travel during this period. May the Lord control the spread of Covid and protect all who are travelling.
- Pray for peace in Ukraine. May the Lord bring an end to aggression and escalation and show his mercy on those who are suffering.
- Give thanks for our nation, for the peace and stability that we enjoy. May our nation – the Antioch of Asia – be known for the compassion that we show to one another and to our neighbours.
St Hilda’s Church
- Give praise to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob for his faithfulness toward St Hilda’s. Let our generations of worshippers lift up his holy name and worship him in spirit and in truth.
- Continue to pray for our clergy, staff and lay leaders, that all may be infused with his Holy Spirit and rejoice in our service unto him.
- May the Lord make us salt and light in our CNY reunions and visitations.
- Lift up Revd Calvin Tan in his last week with St Hilda’s. May he grow in trusting the Lord as he enters a new church community.
- Pray for all who suffer in body, mind and spirit, for the lonely and the bereaved. May Jehovah Raffa watch over them and restore them to wholeness. Let us continue to uphold Ps Allison and her family.