The Collect for Pentecost Sunday (Whitsunday)
Almighty God, who at this time taught the hearts of your faithful people by sending to them the light of your Holy Spirit: grant us by the same Spirit to have a right judgement in all things, and evermore to rejoice in his holy comfort; through the merits of Christ Jesus our Saviour, who is alive and reigns with you in the unity of the Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
- Refresh and empower Bp Titus & his team as he leads the Anglican diocese and the deaneries.
- Pray for the worldwide church to be faithful and obedient to preach the gospel to all nations and be a witness of God’s love and compassion for the lost.
- Pray for our mission partners in Cambodia and other countries.
- Pray for the Lord to provide more teachers for our Cambodian mission in Svay Prahoot. Still short of 2 qualified teachers for the school.
- Pray for Lord to raise up a local pastor / person for Constance to mentor to succeed her, our Cambodia missionary.
- Pray for a peace treaty to halt the war in Ukraine, to stop the suffering on both sides.
- Pray for the new government in Thailand to be strong and rule the country with sincere hearts to build up the country for peace instead of constant unrest.
- We thank God for His hand of protection over Singapore.
- We pray for the 3rd generation of leaders selected to be Prime Minister and Ministers, to continue to be honest and govern the nation with God’s justice and righteousness so that we may continue to flourish and live in peace with all nations.
St Hilda’s Church
- Pray for the Lord to bless and strengthen our clergy, staff and all ministries to work with unity and bear one another other’s burdens out of love.
- Bless our SHK new Principal, Hazel Ho to lead and teach the children godly values, to reap a harvest of believers in these young hearts & souls.
- Pray for Love COPE, that all programmes implemented will be successful and more volunteers will be recruited for the new programmes.
- Pray for our Church Camp (2-5 June), for the Lord’s anointing upon the speaker, safe travel and for the Lord’s divine protection on all participants.
- Pray for those who are sick, lonely & bereaved that the Lord will fill them with His peace, love & joy daily.